add2dnb, amazing, atmospheric, awaking, bass, beautiful sound, calm, chill, chill trip, Cooper, Dark, deep, dnb, electronic, electronica, Emergence, exp, inspiration, Kathrin deBoer, masterpiece, Max Cooper, melodic, Mesh, microfunk, piano, Tom Hodge, Trust, vibes, vocal
Previously you might listened to Kindred EP and watched Max Cooper and Tom Hodge – Remnants. Today let’s check out the latest production – Max Cooper – Trust feat. Kathrin deBoer & Tom Hodge taken from his second full-length release ‘Emergence‘. Mention a combination of calm drum’n’bass inspiration with live piano and delicate vocal.
Released on Mesh label.
You might listened to many other stuff from Max Cooper at this blog:
– Max Cooper and Tom Hodge – Remnants (Official Video by Nick Cobby)
– Anatomic by Max Cooper & Henning M. Lederer
– Kindred EP by Max Cooper
Today I found another one electronic masterpiece Eve by Max Cooper and Alex Banks (Quotient 6/6).
Also, here is the story from Alex Banks and Max Cooper about this track:
Alex: “The idea for ‘Eve’ came about from a short session in my studio where I sketched out some very rough 16 bar loops and sent them over to Max to play with, deliberately stopping myself from developing them too far at this stage in order to leave space the collaborative process to evolve.”
Max: “I almost un-wrote a track for this one. Alex started off with the main bulk of the ideas for the track, and I initially chopped it all back to a couple of key elements. I then experimented with some FFT effects and building some chaotic randomising manipulations of the basic elements, and sliding drum rhythms so that one drum element would slip relative to another and then back in – all an attempt to generate some movement and variation from the simple building blocks.”
Alex: “It was interesting to hear the rough ideas I had created, developed in a totally different way to how they would have had I been writing the track by myself. Inspired by the new direction the track was going in – “
Max: “I’d made a mess. Alex helped tidy it all up and bring it enough back into line to work as a dancefloor track”
Alex: “- I layered some more percussion hits and string textures. We continued the process of sending stems back and forth, refining each others ideas as well and creating new ones until the track was ready.”
Max: “The quotient series has been a nice opportunity to experiment with new music outside of the restrictions of record labels and their need to sell product. This freedom has left me open to put out a piano solo and feedback matrix, a 10 minute ambient to drum and bass glitch remix, a track scored to a video, a one off club collab and more – all projects that I wanted to try, and am glad I did, but that wouldn’t easily fit into the usual EP/LP formats.
It’s been a sort of sketch and experiment project, much of it tied to the Emergence visual shows, where I’ve been experimenting with how I can perform music and visual in sync in a live format. “
Previously you might watched Max Cooper and Tom Hodge – Remnants (Official Video by Nick Cobby). Today I’m welcoming you to a journey into the human Anatomic by Max Cooper & Henning M. Lederer. Anatomic is part of the audio-visual live performance „Emergence“ by Max Cooper.
If you are about the 3D graphics in video art, you definitely must see this one. A great combination of music and visual presentation made a beautiful artwork in Max Cooper and Tom Hodge – Remnants (Official Video by Nick Cobby).
This video is about the self-contained nature of mind and matter. The physical processing of sounds by the brain leave remnants in its structure as it learns about the outside world. Eventually the universe and the platonic realm of laws and structures are perceived. But while the natural laws and their resulting universe seem to create and contain the mind, the mind ultimately contains them all. – Max Cooper
Previously you might listened to Max Cooper’s Essential Mix for BBC Radio 1. Here is an another one masterpiece from a genious producer for today. A collaboration with a piano maestro Tom Hodge brought a Teotihuacan (Part 2). The story of this track is taking to the Teotihuacan’s pyramids in Mexico. There is also a Part 1 version from Quontiet series can be downloaded here: www.maxcooper.net.
So it’s a mix of loss and sadness and beauty with an edge of modern misuse, which I tried to capture in the original strings from which the track was built. I also made some binaural recordings of the sounds there, and a storm which came in, to give a real layer of atmosphere from the actual location. Tom Hodge then played piano to these elements, bringing the whole piece to life. – Max Cooper
Let the new listening experience happened with Max Cooper – Teotihuacan (Part 2) with Tom Hodge!
amazing, ambient, atmospheric, bass, bbc, boards of canada, drum'n'bass, electronic, electronica, Essential Mix, glitch, house, jungle, lusine, masterpiece, Max Cooper, Nils Frahm, piano, radio, sound, techno, tim hecker, Tom Hodge
Wednesday calm mix day. “Genius” is the first word, coming up on my mind when it comes to Max Cooper. Just a genius of a nowadays electronic scene. Music of this great musician can awake your emotions inside. The unique sound and inexpressible atmosphere of every work he’s making, impress and inspire me always. Now we have an opportunity to hear a new Essential Mix by Max Cooper on BBC Radio 1 without voice overs. Hear the 40-track mix, that also includes unreleased material from Cooper’s favourite artists like Nils Frahm, Lusine, Tim Hecker and Rob Clouth and two new works from the last EP. It’s an amazing trip with different genres combination of electronic sounds for the last 20 years.
Also, one of the latest work with Tom Hodge you can download for free from www.maxcooper.net.
So it’s certainly not a normal club mix, it’s just what I think is the best music out there, without worrying about what genre or box any particular track fits into or how things should be done “properly”. I wanted to leave some sections quite ambient as well, to give breathing space between the peaks, so I’m happy to be able to post this new version up, minus the broadcast talking and idents. – Max Cooper
1. Max Cooper – 4D Wave Interference (Unreleased)
2. A Winged Victory for the Sullen – Atmos VI (Erased Tapes)
3. Max Cooper – Untitled (unreleased)
4. Vaetxh – List of Lists (Detroit Underground)
5. Lusine – Arterial (Ghostly International)
6. Kimyan Law – Eclairage (Blu Mar Ten Music)
7. Fran Seven – At Least (Atomnation)
8. Isaac Delusion – Pandora’s Box – Lusine Remix (Unreleased)
9. Burial – Rough Sleeper (Hyperdub)
10. Gidge – Huldra (Atomnation)
11. Kiasmos – Looped (Erased Tapes)
12. Samu L – Beach (Surface)
13. Fennesz – Before I Leave (Mego)
14. Max Cooper & Rob Clouth – Untitled (Unreleased)
15. Tessela – Cmon Lets Slow Dance (R&S)
16. Joe Farr – Tape 7 (Tessela Remix) (DSNT Records)
17. FSOL – Papua New Guinea (Jumpin’ & Pumpin’)
18. Synkro & Faib – Inhale (Smoking Sessions)
19. Nils Frahm – Peter (Max Cooper Remix Edit) (Unreleased)
20. Max Cooper & Tom Hodge – Teotihuacan – Part 1 (Quotient Series)
21. Rob Clouth – The Smallest Measurable Space (Leisure System)
22. Alberto Ruiz & Hugo Blanco – Haze (Be One Records)
23. Rrose – 23 Lashes (EAUX)
24. Dyad – From Another Place (Dyad)
25. Pfirter – Supraventricular (Stroboscopic Artefacts)
26. Rival Consoles – Haunt (Erased Tapes)
27. OneOhTrixPointNever – Rush (Warp)
28. Rob Clouth – Deep Field (Leisure System)
29. Joe Farr – Mormon Shuffle (Leisure System)
30. Skew & Satirist – Untitled (Unreleased)
31. Dorian Concept – The Sky Opposite (Tim Hecker Remix) (Ninja Tune)
32. Max Cooper & Tom Hodge – Remnants (Fields) – btprt.dj/1DHZhHk
33. Kimyan Law – Daimyo (Blu Mar Ten Music)
34. Rival Consoles – Recovery (Erased Tapes)
35. Boards of Canada – Dayvan Cowboy (Warp)
36. Rockwell – Full Circle (Shogun Audio)
37. Cirrus – Shiver Shapnel (Woulg Remix) (Terra Null Recordings)
38. Vaetxh – List of Lists (Detroit Underground)
39. The Rustle of the Stars – Sleeping Land – Part 1 (Max Cooper Remix) (Quotient Series)
40. Nils Frahm – Them (Unreleased)
Kindred EP by Max Cooper
Max Cooper – Solace,
Ripperton – A Skilift Upstairs The Sleeping City – Max Cooper Remix
Halls- ‘Roses For The Dead’ (Max Cooper remix)
Let’s listen something special for today’s World Dj Day. Kindred EP by Max Cooper is all about tight electronic vibes. Synths at Voyage Through the Analogue Bomb are full of tender melodic sound. Kathrin de Boer’s gentle vocal part covered in a beautiful live instrumentation with a drop of experimental electronica at the lead track Origins, got another interpretation in gorgeous remixes by David August and Throwing Snow.